27 July 2009

home sweet home

i am just returning from my site visit, and let me tell you:  i have the best site in peace corps history.  
my house is on the school's campus, and they just rebuilt it.  it's brand new, with a shower, flush toilet, running water, kitchen, and electricity.  
the school is wonderful, pretty small (200 some students, deaf kindergarten through jhs, technical, and a mental unit).  it's about a mile from the center of town, so it's close to anything i would need.  
my city is the capital of the region but still a fairly small place, so it's more laid-back than some of the big cities in the south.
i'll move in to my new house in just a few weeks.  then i start teaching sometime in september!  yay!

5 comments:

  1. what?! That's your house!? all that worrying, and no hut? I'm kinda bummed :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the CUTEST thing I've ever seen! Are there other teachers living in similar places? Hey, Joy's mom--I want to send a photo frame--do you have photos you want to send?
    Joy do you have a small screwdriver to get into the turnbuttons?
    YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful home!! It is sooo cute! Can't wait to see the inside. :-) Thanks so much for the updates - I love reading them!

    ReplyDelete