27 May 2010

a year in review

the 4th of june marks the one year anniversary of my training group's arrival in ghana.
so, for this historic day, i decided to let you know what has happened during the last year.
 
out of the ten regions in ghana, number i have visited: 9 (upper east, i'm coming soon!)
number of times i have puked: 4
number of times i have been puked on by a small child on a bus: 2
have i joined "the club?" no!
number of times i have been to a mall: 1
number of phones i have had: 4
number of hamburgers i have eaten: 3
largest number of people who have slept at my house in one night: 11
number of miles i have walked: millions
number of marriage proposals i have received: way too many
number of babies i have made cry because of my skin color: a lot
number of times i have had my hair braided: 3
number of times i have blow-dried my hair: 0
have i fallen in a ditch? not yet!
number of times i have worn my jeans: 1
number of 3 inch long crickets that i killed in my house in one day: 8
number of dresses or skirts i have had made: 10
number of times i have been to the beach: 2
number of students i have taught: 132
number of fields i have set on fire (accidentally): 1
 
 
 
 

5 comments:

  1. WOW, you've done a lot of things this past year! Congratulations! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy one year anniversary! Just think all you have to do to scare a Ghana toddler is look at them and smile. Keep smiling, Elyse's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, it's been a year since my favorite niece Elyse left for Ghana.

    Number of times I have missed her: 365
    Number of packages I've mailed: 1 (i know, pretty sad)
    Number of posts I've read from her: all of them
    Number of new people that I'm learning about through her: 2 (you are 1)
    Number of times I've had children vomit on me: 0 (and I hope I make it another year with that number)
    Number of times I've worn a skirt or dress: 2
    Number of time I wear my jeans: 363

    I think you have had a much more interesting year.

    Keep up the wonderful posts - I've noticed most have slowed up considerably and I miss that. I so enjoy your blog!

    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joy, Happy Anniversary! What a terrific list! Glad you are not yet part of "the club"...keep up the due diligence there, Girl...

    I always look forward to reading your blog posts--so I hope the number of blog posts in the next year will increase!

    ReplyDelete