08 October 2010

gave up on the garden

i told you about the goat problem i had with my garden.  well, the beans did recover slightly, enough for me to pick about five more green beans.  then the goats returned and finished them off again.  
the zucchini never had fruit; it just kept blooming and then dying.
the lettuce, squash, and nasturtiums never even came up.
so all we had left were about five stalks of yellow corn.  
and then someone came through and stole the corn right off the stalk.
oh well.

3 comments:

  1. That so totally is a bummer. I wonder why the zucchini didn't bear fruit? Weird. Plus, you also have thieves.. Corn stealing thieves!!!! I'm sorry it didn't work out. I'm bummed just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if you have squirrels, but our squirrel stole every ear of corn!

    ReplyDelete