13 July 2011

asaazuma



this is asaazuma. she's my little friend. she's in p3. she is sweet and precocious; she likes to visit me and offer to do chores, such as sweep in front of the house. then she asks me to give her something. she starts big, and each time i refuse, she asks for a little less, until usually i just give in and give her some chilled water.
she likes to just visit too, though. one time when we were "talking" she paused then asked if we are friends. yes, i said, we are friends. she liked that.
everyone once in a while, she smiles and signs again that we are friends.
she's talented at crocheting. she'll just find a little piece of metal wire to use as a hook and whatever scraps of string she finds, and she crochets little purses and hats. when she saw that i had an actual crochet hook and real yarn, that immediately became what she most wanted me to give her.
she came by this afternoon and offered to sweep for me. i said no, it was ok, but we "talked" for a few minutes. she asked when i'm leaving. when i told her i leave wa in just one week, she looked like she would cry. it almost made me cry too.
i'll miss my little friend.
i am giving her my crochet hook and yarn when i leave.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sure it will be a gift she will treasure and one you'll never forget giving.

    ReplyDelete