22 April 2010

koko

my new favorite food in ghana is koko. it makes me laugh that i now like this so much, because when i first saw it and first tasted it, it was disgusting.
it is served in a clear plastic bag, and it is a brownish-gray color similar to that of dirty dishwater. and it is thin and runny like dirty dishwater too.
koko is made out of millet and has ginger and i think even some hot pepper to flavor it. it is a breakfast food, add a little sugar and eat it like porridge. and it kinda burns your throat a little bit because of the spice, but it feels so good on a sore throat.
it is SO good. i find myself craving it for breakfast.

2 comments:

  1. After your description, I'm not sure I'd want to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I don't want to try it - you are brave!!!!!

    ReplyDelete