21 May 2009

details details details

the idea of moving to africa for two years in itself isn't the stressful part.  even packing doesn't seem that hard.
it's all of the little details that are causing me stress.  closing out bank accounts, authorizing overseas use of credit cards, moving my retirement account, getting a power of attorney, backing up computer files, forwarding my mail:  these are the little things that make me feel a bit stressed.
moving?  eh.  i like to move.  packing up my stuff?  easy.  i've moved so much in the last few years that it is easy.  and now that i had that garage sale and sold everything, i really don't have much to pack up anyway.  by the way, when i live at my permanent site, where i'll be for two years, that will be the longest i'll have lived in a single place since HIGH SCHOOL.  that's how nomadic i am.  true, this is the FURTHEST move of all those, but still.
and perhaps i'm overly optimistic, but my suitcases don't seem as maxed out as i thought they would be.  maybe i'm not being honest with myself or maybe i'm forgetting something.  i'm not sure.
i guess time will tell!

2 comments:

  1. Totally understandable! All of those tasks represend an ending to a whole life here, in fabor of a fresh new start in a completely different world.
    Who knows, maybe you'll be like Kim and decide it's where you feel at home and want to be (sorry Joy's mom, just going through it myself, so it's on my mind).
    Just go one task at a time! You'll get it all done.
    AND if you need me to come to you this week, I can absolutely do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. don't worry. the details will be over soon, and then you can worry about moving to africa.

    ReplyDelete