07 May 2009

mail

so my mom loves me a lot.  
she has already done some research on postal rates for ghana.  i thought i'd pass her info on to you.  sorry, this isn't very subtle at all, is it?  
she says a flat rate mailer is $12.95 to ghana.  you can cram anything up to 4 lbs into it, so long as it seals.  not bad at all, eh? my address is on the right of your screen...
you don't have to send just packages.  i'd love letters too.  i promise to write back to anyone who writes me.  speaking of, peace corps has a program where we can pair up with a teacher in the us and our classrooms can correspond.  any takers?  i think an art classroom would be especially fun, but any class would be good!

4 comments:

  1. If I had a class that could actually write I would say lets be pen pals!! But the fact that I am teaching kindergarten I don't know how that will work out. But maybe we could write a class letter to your class or something, make it a group effort. We will see how it goes once we both get started b/c that could be cool!!!

    -Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey joy,
    Hope it's not too hot there in ghana. The kids start back to school on wed the 12, you know Nolan, but i have katelyn and keith now. There art teacher might be interested in pairing up with you. I think she teaches art for all of the third though eigth graders. well, let me know if you might be interested.
    Marina Harvey my email is mjkaylor@aol.com

    ReplyDelete